This chick is, I know that for sure! If it were even somewhat advisable to live off of nothing but cheese, I would. Or sushi. That one I could do without issue. Nothing but cheese might...back things up.
I asked Geof what he felt like for dinner last night, and he said, "something with cheese." So that's what I did. I found the following great recipe online and tweaked it to my liking. No, it's not exactly healthy, but it sure is fantastic comfort food, and easy to make. It was met with rave reviews. If you want it to be a little heartier, I suggest adding the beef (as in the original recipe) or something cool like tofu, tempeh, chicken sausage, etc.
Now, kick back, relax, and imagine yourself in a cozy (well insulated) log cabin with the snow falling outside the window (which looks out onto an enormous pasture at the foot of the mountains), a fire going in the fireplace, plenty of fleece and/or flannel, and perhaps a glass of vino. Then read the below recipe...and also try it. It's delish!
- 1 16oz package spaghetti1/2 red onion, finely chopped16 ounces spaghetti sauceSalt & Pepper, to taste2 tablespoons butter2 tablespoons whole wheat flour12 ounces evaporated milk1 cup shredded parmesan cheese1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, DIVIDED1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside. (I forgot to grease the glass baking dish, and it was fine. Not sure it would be so in a metal dish, however. So, get greasy with it.)
- Boil spaghetti noodles to al dente according to package; drain.
- While spaghetti is boiling, brown the onion in a skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce to the skillet.
- Add the hot, cooked, drained spaghetti to the skillet; stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add the flour, stirring constantly to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk.
- Turn heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup only of the mozzarella. stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture evenly over the spaghetti in the 13 x 9 dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese and then the oregano.