I followed this almost exactly, except that I used black beans instead of kidney and only used two cans of beans (~4 cups), olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and garlic powder instead of fresh (we were still getting over an overdose of fresh garlic from the previous night's dinner, so we opted to play it safe!).
There was enough for about 10 burritos, so it was plenty for the two of us, for a few dinners. It even tastes great reheated!
And now for the recipe, as found HERE, enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve