Monday, April 9, 2012

Kickin' Quinoa Kale

This picture makes me giddy...it is so pretty!


This was lunch today, and I loved every bite.  I think we're getting pretty good at creating some pretty power packed lunches: good (read: real) protein, complex carbs, dark leafy greens, good fats and a whole lotta flavor.  Perfect food for training peaks and valleys :)

Todays's concoction was perfect for two lunches.  I eyeballed everything so there's no specific measurements, except for two ingredients.  Are you sensing a kale theme here, or is it just me...? ;)

Kickin' Quinoa Kale

Red quinoa
Kale, hand torn
Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 avocado, chopped
Coarsely ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Crushed red pepper (gives it a good kick!)
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
Shredded mozzarella cheese

I nuked mine for one minute and enjoyed it immensely!

The only thing that could have added a little something extra would have been some sriracha sauce :)  We're kind of on a sriracha kick of late.

Filling, beautiful to look at, and tasty to the max.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment